Once you have received confirmation that you may work for abflexkracht, it is important that you prepare properly for your arrival in the Netherlands. The following checklist can help you in this respect. You will need to arrange some matters yourself, but we can help you with others. We will need the following details:

  • Your name, address and telephone number(s) including the country code (for instance 31 for the Netherlands). A valid passport or identity card (valid for at least the next 3 months). Note! A damaged identity certificate is not valid! An EU driving license is not valid proof of identity in the Netherlands. But take it with you to the Netherlands just in case abflexkracht asks you to drive one of its company cars.
  • Bank account number. It is a good idea to take a bank statement along so that we can enter your account number correctly in our system. We will need the IBAN and SWIFT codes!
  • Very important: Don’t forget to take your debit card along with you and make sure that you have enough money for your first few weeks in the Netherlands. abflexkracht will not advance you any money.
  • Prepare a summary of your CV including information on your work history. Where have you worked? What kind of work did you do? When and how long did you work?
  • Also include in your CV all information regarding your education and diplomas and certificates. Take copies of these diplomas or certificates along to the Netherlands.
  • You will need a social security number (BSN/burgerservicenummer) in order to work in the Netherlands. A BSN is a unique number with which you are registered in the Dutch Personal Records Database (Basisregistratie Personen/BRP). You must arrange for the BSN yourself, but we will explain how to do that.
  • Everyone who settles in the Netherlands must take out health insurance. You can take out this insurance yourself or via abflexkracht once you work for us.
  • You will need accommodation in the Netherlands. When you want to come to the Netherlands to work but do not have a fixed address in the Netherlands, we will help you on a voluntary basis to find a place to live once you are officially employed at abflexkracht. Of course, you are free to find suitable accommodation yourself.
  • It is important that you learn to speak Dutch. Once you are employed at abflexkracht, you can take a Dutch language course under certain conditions.
  • Anyone who plans to stay in the Netherlands for longer than 4 months must be registered in the Municipal Personal Records Database in their place of residence. You must arrange this yourself.
  • Anyone who wishes to remain in the Netherlands for longer than 3 months must register with the Dutch Immigration and Naturalisation Service (Immigratie- en Naturalisatiedienst/IND). You must arrange this yourself as well.
  • All residents of the Netherlands are subject to tax. You must arrange this yourself.
  • If you take your own car with you to the Netherlands, you must register it with the Netherlands Vehicle Authority (Rijksdienst Wegverkeer/RDW)) and you are required to pay road tax. You must arrange this yourself as well.
  • You are well-advised to register with a family doctor to ensure you can get proper medical care when necessary. You can only register after you are registered in the Municipal Personal Records Database. abflexkracht can recommend its own family doctor to its employees.